Sunday 27 January 2013

Logical Confusion? - Slog #3

During the beginning of week 3, we were assigned tutorial exercises to translate sentences to their symbolic form. I have to admit, it was mind boggling at first. I was conflicted between choosing to use conjunction(^) or implication(->). Thankfully, this dilemma has cleared up. With the TA's help, I was able to grasp the basics of logical notation.

As the week progressed, I started to work with my group on assignment #1. With other peers, things became more clear to me as we tackled each question. With more practice, I am able to apply everything I have learned in Chapter 2, such as the Vacuous Truth, DeMorgan's law, truth tables and the manipulation rules.

On Friday's lecture, I found the folding paper exercise very engaging and mind stimulating. It was an interesting approach towards introducing proofs. As we being week 4, I hope it's not too hard to understand :)

Thinking back to my first perception of this course , I have to say that CSC165 isn't overly difficult as I mentioned previously. It just require practice. After all, practice makes perfect!   

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that I helped you to clear things up, and very happy to hear that you don't find the course as difficult and scary as before! :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete