Friday 8 February 2013

Stressful Week - Slog #4

With the snowstorm and a week full of midterms, I'm glad it's finally over.
Initially, I had the impression that the term test would be difficult considering that an aid sheet was allowed. Instead, I thought it wasn't too difficult or easy; it was fair. Taking time into account, it was difficult to browse through the sheet. Overall, in my opinion, a lot of the content I wrote were useless since the test mostly pertained to list comprehensions and symbolism. Indeed, it`s great practice writing the sheet as you're basically reviewing all the concepts before actually taking the test thus it would greatly increasing the chances of being able to formulate the answer without aid.

As we wrap up logical notation, it seems easier now with more practice as oppose to my impression of it in January. But now, proofs worry me. 
As for the recent lectures, the proof structure seems straight forward. At this point, the only difficulties are formulating the body of the proof. For instance, during lectures we prove that something is odd by referring to the definition of 2k + 1. Yes this is true but I doubt I'll be able to come up with the actual "arguments"  for much harder proofs.

Now, as we anticipate the marks of our midterms, I hope I did well (?). Even it doesn't turn out to be my best, I'll just have to prepare more next time. 

1 comment:

  1. For proof questions, you get ~40% of the marks for writing down the proof structure. So, even if you can't come up with the body of the proof, you get a lot of marks just by writing down the structure.

    ReplyDelete