Friday 11 January 2013

First Perspective - Slog #1


Hello. This is the first blog I've ever made and it took me quite a bit of time figuring out how to set this blog up and running! Before taking CSC165 - “Mathematical Expression and Reasoning”, I've heard from other students from the Fall section about the difficulties they have faced in this course, leaving an unsettling feeling. As a result, I entered the first lecture with very little confidence since I was never a strong logical thinker.

As we finished the first week of lectures, I'm starting to grasp the basic idea of this course. In truth, the instructor, Danny Heap, made lectures very intriguing with examples such as the Streetcar Drama.
Confession Time: I love math, I certainly do, but when it comes down to work problems I'm at a slump. As described in class, I hope this course will help me better understand and change the way I approach such problems with an open mind.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, don't be afraid!! Fear and stress will only limit your performance. Yes, this is considered to be a hard course for some students, but that is only because it introduces you to different way of thinking -> Logic. But think about it, logic is common sense, no? :)

    My advice is: try to practice as much as possible; make sure you understand, really UNDERSTAND, every step of a solution to a problem / a proof; and take full advantage of office hours and tutorials to ask questions.

    ReplyDelete